Moving to Bremen
New in Bremen?
Are you new in Bremen? Find out which neighbourhood is best for you! Whether a quiet, countrified setting on the outskirts, or an area with nightlife – all neighbourhoods of Bremen have a special charm of their own.
Perhaps you’d also like to
- check out a short description of the city and its people
- learn more about Bremen’s cultural landscape
- explore Bremen’s parks and green spaces
Quelle: WFB / Studio b
Find the perfect flat!
Whether you’re newly moving to Bremen or have been here a while: Our Schwarzen Brett (Blackboard) will find you that perfect flat. Every day there are numerous new offers for
- flats available to rent or buy
- flat shares
- Or place your own ad to find a flat to share or rent.
Quelle: privat/ Foto: jua
The moving day draws nearer . . .
You’ve found a new place and moving day is fast approaching? Then you can look for moving boxes on the Schwarzes Brett. And have you thought about the following?
- Change of address application
- Cancellation of electric, gas and water services
- Change or cancellation of telephone and internet connection
- Change or cancellation of broadcasting licence fee
- Opening a bank account
- Registering change of address with your insurances
- Change or cancellation of subscriptions
- An appointment for bulky trash removal
- An appointment with the police department for a special moving-day parking permit, to reserve space on the street for your removal vehicles
Quelle: WFB Wirtschaftsförderung Bremen GmbH/T. Vankann
Home at last!
The move is behind you and now you’re finally in your new home. Allow us to congratulate you on your new place! Sit back and relax – we’ve put together the addresses for the various institutions you might need to contact.
- New residence registration or registration of change-of-address
- Motor vehicle registration
- Finding a Kindergarten or school for your child
- Child allowance benefits (Kindergeld) application
- Bafög (student aid) application and information about Bremen’s higher education institutions
- A change of address registration with the revenue office (Finanzamt)
Quelle: WFB Wirtschaftsförderung Bremen - Abt. bremen.online - KBU
You might also be interested in...
We've put together a number of suggestions on how to spend your day.
Quelle: Katharina Bünn